Happy Merry




Are you home or headed there?  I hope you this year you have a great visit with your family and friends!  And a chance to enjoy all your favorite food traditions.  This is the only time of year that we get my mom's secret recipe ultra-luxe flaky buttery sandwich cookies.  They're kind of a big deal.

Decorating some gingerbread villagers is still on my wish list, but I can check off some Gretchen's eggnog and these fig-date swirls.  Nat helped me make them!  It totally made my day.  The nice thing about these is that you can freeze the rolls of dough and just slice off only as many cookies as you need.  (Recipe from Lottie and Doof.)

And after the holidays we can talk about why, next to the other roll of fig-date swirl cookie dough, there is a rabbit in my freezer.  Guesses?

2 comments:

  1. Why a rabbit in your freezer??? Because it died?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no, but remember Howie? "He died a peaceful death." RIP.

    ReplyDelete

Feed the blog - leave a comment!